We have two open sessions for parents of children looking to join the school in Reception 2023:
- Tuesday 8th November at 9:30am
- Thursday 10h November at 9:30am
Each session will last for 1 hour.
Please contact the school on 0121 464 9202 to book a place.
The local authority use a ‘metre measurement from door to gate’ calculation for new admissions to Reception. The trend for the last few years has been an increase in that measurement as birth rate has declined but it does fluctuate each year. We would suggest getting in touch with the admissions department and seeing if they can advise you if you are unsure.
Yes. The ‘over-subscribed’ priority order is;
- Children with an Education, Health and Care Plan
- Looked after children or children who were previously looked after
- Children with a brother and sister already at the school
- Children who live nearest to the school
(Taken from Birmingham City Council document ‘Admissions arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools for 2020/2021’. This document also states that ‘Within each of the categories above, priority is given to those who live nearest to the school’ and that ‘Admission to a nursery school or nursery class does not give the child any priority or an extra right to transfer... to the school to which the nursery is linked or attached. A separate application must be made.’)