Taylor Shaw began to provide deliciously healthy meals at lunchtime from September 2021. They operate a 3-week menu cycle (see below) that caters for a wide range of dietary preferences and will provide various themed days throughout the year.
Pupils with Medical diets and/or food-allergies can also be provided with bespoke menus through their medical diet process. Please see attachments below if your child requires a medical diet.
Meals are ordered through the LunchHound system giving parents and carers the ability to manage to manage their child's menu choices. If you Pay for school meals, these are priced at £2.30 for Years 3-6 & £2.10 for Nursery pupils. Children in Reception, Years 1 & 2 have entitlement to a free meal every day under the Universal Infant Free School Meals Scheme.
Free School Meals and other benefits for families with low income:
Do you think your child may be eligible for free School Meals? You can apply for Free School Meals even if your child is in Reception or years 1 & 2 and already having a free school dinner.
All eligible pupils also have access to free trips, music lessons and some school-operated extracurricular clubs. The school also receives valuable additional funding to support these pupils in other ways.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get). Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- Younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- In full-time education
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish their Primary education.